The University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship is now open for applications from exceptional individuals interested in pursuing a Masters by Research degree or a doctoral degree program. This opportunity is open to both Australian and international students.
The Australian Commonwealth Government and the University of Melbourne jointly fund this fellowship, which is available to outstanding domestic and international research students. Scholarships for Research Training Programs provide a stipend as well as fee reductions to domestic and international students based on academic merit.
The Research Training Program Scholarship (Fee Offset) provides 100% fee remission and up to $110,000 for students pursuing a Masters by Research degree for up to two years or up to four years for students pursuing a doctoral degree.
Eligible applicants are rated and ranked based on their academic success of their most recent finished degree as well as their research potential in their field of study. Completion of a degree at the same level as the research programme for which the scholarship is sought, related professional experience, refereed
publications, specialty medical certifications, or original music composition may be considered.
Criteria For Eligibility
Applicants for the University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be Australian / domestic and International students.
- Applicants must have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne or
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- Applicants must have proof of English Language proficiency.
Successful applicants for University of
Melbourne Research Training Program
Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $34,400 per year pro rata (2023 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia.
How to Apply
You do not need to apply for this grant if you applied for admission to a graduate research programme before the application deadline for that course. You will receive confirmation that you will be automatically considered for a variety of graduate research scholarships within seven days of submitting your course application.
If you have already received an offer for a graduate research course and have deferred the start date to the following year, or if you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you wish to earn a scholarship, you must complete an online application form.
Thank you for sparing your wonderful time by going through our contents today, my name is Dt Gana.